Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Personal March Reading Challenge: Try A Chapter - Subscription Box Books



If you have visited either here or on my Instagram (@EasternSunset9) you will know that I have tried out quite the variety of Book Subscription Boxes, everything from the popular Owlcrate to the no longer existent NovelTea Club and Geek At Heart boxes, and in that time period I have accumulated quite a few books that have not exactly been on my radar but seem within my reading genre tastes (at least somewhat, I don't subscribe to mystery boxes because I don't read mystery), and many of them have remained unread.


Part of my goal this year is to clear out quite a bit of my bookshelves of books I don't like or will never read.  So I was inspired by the Try a Chapter Challenge that I saw on Little Book Owl's Youtube Channel and the recent Owlcrate-a-thon readathon for all these unread Owlcrate Books (that I missed in February). 

So my goal is to try a chapter from each one of these books on my Book Subscription Box TBR shelf and see if it is something that I will be reading within the year or if it is a book I should unhaul.  I will complete this challenge during the month of March, with 20 books that means about 2-3 books at least a week.  I will have a wrap up at the end of March to let you know my thoughts on these books.


Have you ever done this before? How do you handle clearing out your TBR shelves? If you receive book boxes are you good about reading them right away or are you like me and let them pile up?






2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I’m not sure if a chapter is enough to decide for me but I’m going to have to do something. My tbr of actual owned books is out of control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially with some fantasy books, one chapter might not be enough, but I think it will be enough to see if I will even like the writing style or feel like continuing. I am trying to give myself a little more freedom to DNF more books this year. I have thought about doing this with my whole TBR but that would take ages, so I am starting small.

      Delete