Sunday, February 25, 2018

Frankenstein Readalong Sign Up



March is going to be a busy month but there was no way I was going to turn down a readalong for my all time favorite book in the year of it's 200th birthday! One of my all time favorite Youtubers, Steph at Novel Tea Corner has decided to host a readalong of Frankenstein throughout the month of March, you can check out her video announcement HERE.  

Here is the reading schedule:
March 9 - Chapters 1-3
March 16 - Chapters 4-6
March 23 - Chapters 7-9
March 30 - Chapters 10-12

I will be posting throughout the readalong with updated both here and on my Instagram (@EasternSunset9).  I am particularly excited because since my last re-read I have managed to get my hands on an edition that contains the original 1818 text (the story was apparently revised in 1831 and that is the one you see on shelves now), and I also found a book that claims to have studied the original text and figured out what was the original story as written by Mary Shelley herself, and what were the edits made by her husband Percy Shelley. I am going to see if I can read them and compare what I have come to know as my favorite all time book and also what was the originally intended story.  


So let me know if you plan to join in too and even if you don't I hope you will stop by for some updates!

2 comments:

  1. Oh don’t tempt me! If I didn’t have so much going on I’d join you! Have fun! I love this book so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will tempt you! *dangles particularly nice copy of Frankenstein* You will love it, obviously again!!

      Delete