Saturday, September 16, 2017

Graphic Novel Review of Saga Vol. 7 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge


Synopsis: "From the worldwide bestselling team of Fiona Staples and Brian K. Vaughan, “The War for Phang” is an epic, self-contained Saga event! Finally reunited with her ever-expanding family, Hazel travels to a war-torn comet that Wreath and Landfall have been battling over for ages. New friendships are forged and others are lost forever in this action-packed volume about families, combat and the refugee experience.

Collecting: Saga 37-42"

My Review: I was starting to loose hope in this series and then it finally makes a turnaround. I am glad I stuck through the volumes 4-6 to get back to the core of the story. The family is re-united and Hazel is growing up so her narration is making more sense. The action is spaced out nicely where it isn't constant but the suspense of more coming keeps you reading. I am actually looking forward to the next trade to come out instead of looking at it as something to get through, I hope this trend continues.

My Rating: I am so glad I pushed through, the over all story line is back on track and I like the direction it is going.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws.

1 comment: