Sunday, May 21, 2017

Crafty Times: Handmade Cards

Crafty Times is a new thing I am trying on the blog where I can share some of the art and crafts I have created (you can too of course). I really dabble in a wide variety of crafts and hope you can find something that sparks your interest or inspires you!
 
 
It has been a while since I posted any crafts, that is because I haven't had much time to create anything.  I have instead been organizing and purging my craft supplies. It has come to my attention that they have been taking over our basement, so I have started to try to contain the beast.  Clearly I am not a seamstress and want to focus on the paper crafting.  Anyway, I have made a few cards since February and wanted to show them to you.
 
I tried out a card kit box, it was coffee and tea themed and so cute. These were the cards I made from that kit.
"I've Bean Thinking About You"
 
Coffee & Friends Make the perfect blend (this is a shaker card with dark brown beads)

"We Belong Together"
 
Life is like a cup of tea; it's all in how you make it

I Only Need Two Things: You & Tea

 
I then tried out a card kit from another company and while it was a great value, I have only made one card from the kit.
A little Hoppy Birthday card I made for my mom.
 
 
And last but not least I just wanted to play around with a background technique I saw online.  I sent one of these to my Sister-in-law who just started a new job.
 
 
 
So not a lot of crafty time going on here but I am nearly done organizing my supplies, hopefully by the end of next week I will be done and ready to create.  On a side note, I will not be selling on Etsy at this time due to their new payment rules. If you are unaware, Etsy is requiring all sellers to accept all forms of payment (including paypal, direct credit card/debit card transactions) linking up to your verified checking account.  Now I do not have a separate business checking account for these cards, as it just a hobby that I like to share and maybe have a little extra income. I used to only accept paypal and would let it sit there until I either spent it or had enough worth transferring. I do not feel comfortable linking up to my personal account and risk dishonest people having charge backs on accounts. So for now until I can find another place to list, I will only be selling in local consignment and bazaars. I will also work with individuals if there is something someone wants or needs (feel free to email me).  Okay, so now I will end that little rant/plug. 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really enjoying making these cards again, but my craft area is still in such disarray that I can't get too many done yet.

      Delete