Tuesday, April 25, 2017

RI Author Feature: Poems from the Mind of a Madman by Don J. Metivier

 
Synopsis: "Within this book are simple and deeply reflective messages. Every poem carries meaning for the reader to enjoy and philosophize with. Whether you are looking for poetry that delivers simple reading enjoyment or poetry that takes the reader to deeper levels of understanding. This book is for you. From life's little curiosities to major ongoing world conditions, this book will provide the reader with an opportunity to scavenge through brilliantly thought out messages. The Poems from the Mind of a Madman deliver what the reader wants. Prepare yourself for a journey into a world of well-crafted poetry."

My Review: Based on the cover and title of this book I was expecting some very dark poetry and wasn't sure how I would enjoy it. I am glad I gave it a shot anyway because it was much more than what I expected. The selection of the poems ranged from the depressing and dark to the beauty of the seasons and some patriotic poems as well. It was quite a range of not only subject matter but also style of poetry. A unique and varied collection of poems.
 
My Rating: I was pleasantly surprised that this collection wasn't as dark as I expected and while I didn't find every poem agreeable to my reading preferences, there were a lot that were great.  I give this book a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
I was able to meet Don at the RI Author Expo, and he doesn't seem to have a website but I did find his Twitter Page and an interesting Youtube video to get to know him and his work a little better.
 
You can purchase your own copy of this poetry collection in digital or print format from Amazon or Barnes & Noble or even direct from the Publisher

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I would expect some pretty dark poems from that title. Glad they weren't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unexpected to find such a variety with such a dark cover and title. Just goes to show not to judge a book!

      Delete